Living without pain is possible and even a little easy.
There is a 4-point approach to pain blocking that I have used successfully with clients and with myself. It takes approximately 4 hours over 3 sessions.
- Session 1: Intake, 1 hour. Taking of complete physical and psychiatric history.
- Session 2: Hypnotherapy, 2 hours. Teaching of methods and tools and some practice. Best if pain is minimal to moderate; not acute.
- Session 3: Follow up, 1 hour. Anything missed can be fixed, teaching of additional tools, fixing and honing skills for best use.
- Teach color visualization and breathing skill for use with acute pain.
- Education about and visualization of pain's messenger.
- Education and role play of pain blocking techniques.
- Visualization and role play of potential pain situation.
Speaking to my own experiences, I have overcome chronic lower back pain and have been tattooed without pain.
The next thing for myself was a 10-hour tattoo (over 3 sessions). I wanted to be present and engaged, not "drifted away" like many of the available hypnotherapy pain CDs make available. I know that pain is just a message and that there is no need for the message if you are getting voluntarily "injured" as through tattooing, so I needed to dismiss the messenger and block the pain as it recurred. It was an active process, but I shed no tears, and felt almost no pain in any of the process.
I also have a jaw problem called TMJ, so that going to the dentist caused me terrible headaches for a day after a cleaning, but that is no longer an issue.
My jaw is not fixed, but I can control the relay system where the pain flows through, and shut it off there so that I do not experience any of it.
If you have: migraines, chronic pain, TMJ, back pain, an upcoming surgery, an upcoming dental procedure, upcoming allergy testing, have to administer shots for diabetes or conception, or any other pain or procedure you would rather not be bothered by, call to book your intake appointment at 954-612-9553.
Autumn Hahn is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist practicing at Clear Mind Group in Weston, Florida. Call 954-612-9553 for a consultation. Follow Autumn on Twitter, Facebook, and Google+. Sign up for the e-newsletter HERE.